This video is by Insightful Nana, who has started YouTube series on everything from making popcorn to container gardening. The idea is to promote Better Living for Today’s Woman.
Dear old Nana. She makes a song and dance about putting a Celebrity tomato plant in a container and projecting what the plant will do. In this video (9:09) all that Nana really says is:
1. You can grow tomato plants in containers — all kinds of tomato plants whether bush types or vines
2. Use potting soil in the proportions 11 parts Fruit & Veg Growing Soil to one part Perlite
3. Get a plant from a nursery and plant it up to its neck in its roomy container, burying the lower branches
4. Give your tomato plant it 8-9 hours sunlight a day, moving it around on a plant caddy if necessary
5. Keep the soil moist and give the plant plenty of air
6. Pinch off the suckers to prevent excessive green growth
7. Stake the plant with a stick, securing it with nylons
8. When the tomato plant is tall enough, curtail the bushy growth on top, which encourages fruit production
9. Enjoy your tomato crop
Be warned: the sound quality on this video is not fantastic.